Recovery NurseApril 12, 2017
About the business and the role
Chatswood Private Hospital (CPH) is Sydney’s only dedicated private hospital for specialist surgical procedures of the eye, ear, nose and throat. We have six operating theatres, one laser procedure room, 14 first stage anaesthetic and recovery trolleys, 16 second stage day surgery recliners, and four overnight beds. The hospital is a centre of excellence for Ophthalmic, ENT and Dental surgery, operating room technologies and the day hospital environment.
We at CPH value our employees and provide them an opportunity to grow and develop. Our teams are friendly and supportive, ensuring we deliver a safe, person-centred and connected patient experience.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Damp dusts Recovery bay and ensures appropriate equipment available and functioning
- Monitor patients recovering from a general anaesthetic and remains with them until returned to consciousness
- Documents appropriate observations and patient status in Clinical Record
- Transfer patient to Day Ward when patient has met the discharge criteria and their observations are stable. Hand over to Registered Nurse.
Skills and experience
- Registered Nurse (Division 1) or Enrolled Nurse (Division 2) with current Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia registration
- Anaesthetic Certificate or equivalent anaesthetic experience
- Post Anaesthetic Care Certificate or equivalent recovery experience
Apply for Recovery Nurse
Please ensure that you include a cover letter and cv