Admissions and Recovery Nurse – New Graduates WelcomeOctober 9, 2018
Join our rapidly growing business!
About the business and role
Chatswood Private Hospital (CPH) is Sydney’s only dedicated private hospital for specialist surgical procedures of the eye, ear, nose and throat. We have six operating theatres, and one laser procedure room. We are predominantly a day surgery, and also provide four overnight beds. The hospital is a centre of excellence for Ophthalmic, ENT and Dental surgery, operating room technologies and the day hospital environment
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Ensure patient safety and care is upheld and maintained at all times
- Admit and prepare patients for surgery based on various doctor preferences and following procedural guidelines in a timely manner
- Monitor patients recovering from ophthalmic procedures, namely cataracts who have had topical, local and/or regional anaesthetic. A successful applicant will need to be able to demonstrate competence in caring for patients immediately following anaesthetic and surgery
- Provide clinical nursing care including the anticipation and management of complications
- Be able to manage the patient flow and have the ability to communicate between all departments to ensure the smooth running of lists
- Be able to provide emotional support to both patients and their families
- The ability to work as part of a harmonious team
Skills and experience
- Registered Nurse (Division 1) or Enrolled Nurse (Division 2) with current Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia registration
- New Graduates welcome to apply
Our group requires a current ‘Working with Children check’ for this position. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Chatswood Private Hospital is a part of Presmed Australia Group (PMA) of Hospitals, a leading healthcare company that specializes in the establishment and management of private day hospitals. PMA is known for high standards and exceptional levels of healthcare services. Please visit www.presmed.com.au for more information.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information, contact call Wendy McLean on 02 9413 4822 or apply below.
We ask that recruiters respect our internal recruitment process and refrain from contacting us, or referring candidates to this role.
Apply for Admissions and Recovery Nurse – New Graduates Welcome
Please ensure that you include a cover letter and cv