Clinical Nurse Specialist – ENT and OphthalmologySeptember 19, 2018
About the business
Chatswood Private Hospital (CPH) is Sydney’s only dedicated private hospital for specialist surgical procedures of the eye, ear, nose and throat. We have six operating theatres, and one laser procedure room. We are predominantly a day surgery, and also provide four overnight beds. The hospital is a centre of excellence for Ophthalmic, ENT and Dental surgery, operating room technologies and the day hospital environment
We at CPH value our employees and provide them an opportunity to grow and develop. Our teams are friendly and supportive, ensuring we deliver a safe, person-centred and connected patient experience
Tasks and Responsibilities
- To be a “hands-on” member of the nursing team directly providing patient care, as and when required
- To be active in staff education by presenting inservice sessions as required
- To assist the Clinical Manager / Director of Nursing in completing staff competencies as per the established schedule and individual staff needs
- Monitor patients recovering from a general anaesthetic and remain with them until returned to consciousness
- Must demonstrate competence in caring for patients immediately following an anaesthetic
- Provide clinical nursing care including the anticipation and management of complications
- Understand and be able to manage a patient’s pain requirements in a DSU setting
- Have the ability to liaise with all healthcare professionals within the organisation
- Be able to provide emotional support to both patients and their families
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Capable of working in a high turnover environment
- Flexibility with rostering – am and pm shifts
Skills and Experience
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Perioperative / Ophthalmic / ENT / Day Surgery Certificate / or equivalent experience
- Private sector experience
- Advanced computer literacy in Microsoft suite of programs
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and experience
- Membership of professional associations
A current ‘Working with Children check’ is required for this position.
Chatswood Private Hospital is a part of Presmed Australia Group (PMA) of Hospitals, a leading healthcare company that specializes in the establishment and management of private day hospitals. PMA is known for high standards and exceptional levels of healthcare services. Please visit www.presmed.com.au for more information.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information, contact call Eliza McGann on 02 9413 4822 or apply below.
We ask that recruiters respect our internal recruitment process and refrain from contacting us, or referring candidates to this role.
Apply for Clinical Nurse Specialist – ENT and Ophthalmology
Please ensure that you include a cover letter and cv