2016 General Practitioner Education EveningJuly 19, 2016
Chatswood Private Hospital, once again held an extremely successful GP ENT and Ophthalmic Education Dinner on Thursday 16 June 2016 and 14 July 2016, respectively, at the Quest Apartment Hotel, Chatswood. The evenings were a resounding success with 100% of the GP’s advising that they learnt from the ophthalmologists’ presentations enabling them to keep up to date with the latest developments in clinical ophthalmology.
A total of Thirty-Two North Shore GP’s attended the evenings and heard presentations from fifteen CPH Visiting Medical Officer Ophthalmologists.
The Fifteen Ophthalmologists spoke on their topic for 15 minutes and then fielded questions from the floor, whilst GP’s enjoyed their dinner. GP’s were able to self-record their attendance and were also eligible to receive 4 RACGP points for the evening.
All present felt that the evening helped build closer professional GP referrer relationships and raise the awareness of CPH as a centre of excellence in ophthalmology. Chatswood Private Hospital looks forward to providing the evening again next year during JulEYE as part of our efforts to raise awareness of eye health promotion and improved ophthalmic clinical education to our referrer GP community.
Below is a list of all the ENT presentations:
- Dr Jonathan Kong – Cochlear Implants – How to Hear With No Ear
- Dr Bill Johnston – Allergic Rhinitis – Medical and Surgical Management Options
- Dr Payal Mukherjee – Hearing Loss and Aging
- Dr Megan Hobson – Sialendoscopy – A New Approach to Salivary Glands
- Dr Yuresh Naidoo – All You Need to Know About the Nose and Sinuses
- Dr Neill Boustred – General Paediatric ENT – When to Consider Surgical Intervention
- Dr Raewyn Campbell – The Contribution of the Nose in Obstructive Sleep Apnoea
Below is a list of all the Ophthalmology presentations:
- A/Prof Ian Francis – What Patients Need or Want in Cataract Surgery
- Dr Diana Semmonds – Lumps and Bumps
- Dr Noni Lewis – Red Eye – A Common Sense Approach
- Dr Michael Jones – Examination Tips for Children’s Eye and Vision
- Dr Jay Yohendran – Cataract Surgery and the Glaucoma Patient
- A/Prof Alex Hunyor – Epiretinal Membrane and Related Conditions: What does a GP Need to Know?
- Dr Vivek Chowdhury – Dry Eyes/Red Eyes/Acute Presentations