Patient Rights and Responsibilities
Chatswood Private Hospital is committed to providing the best possible health care and outcomes for each and every patient.
We have a commitment to the Privacy Act and Principles and the Australian Charter of Healthcare Rights. An integral part of providing this standard of care is ensuring that patients are aware of their rights and responsibilities.
The rights of all patients at Chatswood Private Hospital are guarded by State and Commonwealth laws.
Our patients have the right to:
- Access to healthcare services and treatment relevant to their needs
- Receive safe and high quality healthcare that meets National Standards in an environment that feels safe
- To be treated as an individual and with dignity and respect for their culture, identity, beliefs and choices
- Partnership in the planning and care
- Be informed about our facilities, services and treatment options, outcomes, referrals to other services and costs in a clear and open manner
- Respect for personal privacy and confidentiality of personal and medical information
- Provide feedback or make a complaint without it affecting their care and have their concerns addressed in a transparent and timely way. To share experiences and participate to improve care
Our patients have a responsibility to:
- Provide accurate and personal information
- Follow all instructions given by doctors and nursing staff
- Respect the rights of other patients
- Provide health fund details prior to admission or alternatively, provide full payment on admission.
Chatswood Private Hospital is committed to being a standard bearer and centre of excellence. To ensure the highest standards of patient care, we have a continuous process of incremental quality improvements. We continually monitor our hospital’s performance against our quality objectives.
As part of our commitment to quality care, we welcome all compliments, suggestions and complaints.
In the unlikely event that the care you received did not meet your expectations or go as planned, we are committed to communicating with you openly and honestly to bring the matter to a successful conclusion.
Click here to download Australian Charter of Healthcare Rights.
Click here to download Healthcare Rights for People with Cognitive Impairment.